You probably know that zinc is a mineral which your body needs to stay alive, but do you know these weird facts about zinc??
1. Part of the reason that oysters are considered aphrodisiacs is because they have incredibly high levels of zinc. Zinc is crucial for hormone regulation (and thus improves libido).
2. Zinc deficiency can result in impotence in men.
3. Alcohol inhibits your body’s ability to absorb zinc. Chronic alcoholics often get white spots on their fingernails from zinc deficiency. Taking zinc can also help you cure a hangover!
4. Zinc can be limitlessly recycled! More than 33% of zinc used in North America is made from recycled zinc.
5. Zinc is made when stars die and explode (supernovas), causing zinc and other minerals to spew throughout space.
6.The US penny is 97.5% zinc and coated with copper. If you swallow a penny, the zinc could cause damage to the stomach lining!
7. Adults have an average of 2-3mg of zinc in their bodies.
8. The highest concentration of zinc in the body is found in the prostate and the eye.
9. Semen contains about 135micrograms of zinc. Some experts have claimed that a single ejaculation can cause a man to lose up to 5mg of zinc! Since zinc deficiency can cause vision problems, maybe there is some truth to that warning about masturbation leading to blindness!