Many typical breakfasts like bacon, eggs, and toast contain too many calories and burden the digestive system. Consequently, you end up feeling weighed down instead of energized for the day.
These typical junk food breakfasts (like those sugary cereals) consist of only one or two food groups, so they aren’t giving your body the nutrients it needs to sustain itself until the next meal.
A healthy vegan breakfast will ultimately give you the right fuel for your day and, as a result, helps kickstart your metabolism!Print
Vegan Breakfast: Cinnamon Peach French Toast
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 2 minutes
- Total Time: 7 minutes
- Yield: 2 servings 1x
- Diet: Vegan
- 4 Tablespoons Soy Flour
- 4 Tablespoons Organic Sesame Tahini
- 1 Cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1 Tablespoon Chia Seeds (Whole or Ground)
- 1/2 Tablespoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 Tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Pinch Sea Salt
- 4–5 Slices 100% Whole Grain Bread (cut into sticks)
- Maple or Agave Nectar Syrup
- Sliced Peaches
- Mix all batter ingredients in a large size shallow bowl. Whisk until smooth and creamy. Place in fridge for 15-20 minutes.
- Preheat griddle to 350°F (medium heat). Coat skillet with 1 Tablespoon coconut oil (or vegan butter).
- Thoroughly soak each stick of bread in batter (20 seconds).
- Place on skillet and sauté each stick until golden brown (3-4 minutes).
- Place toppings and serve warm!
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: Vegan
Keywords: Vegan Breakfast Cinnamon Peach French Toast